In addition to comparing the home to your minimum requirements and wish lists, use the HUD Home Scorecard and consider the following:
- Is there enough room for both the present and the future?
- Are there enough bedrooms and bathrooms?
- Is the house structurally sound?
- Do the mechanical systems and appliances work? ï Is the yard big enough?
- Do you like the floor plan?
- Will your furniture fit in the space?
- Is there enough storage space? (Bring a tape measure to better answer these questions)
- Does anything need to be repaired or replaced?
- Will the seller repair or replace the items?
- Imagine the house in good weather and bad, and in each season.
- Will you be happy with it year-round?
Take your time and think carefully about each house you see. Ask your real estate agent to point out the pros and cons of each home from a professional standpoint.