You can find out by asking yourself some questions:
• Do I have a steady source of income (usually a job)?
• Have I been employed on a regular basis for the last 2-3 years?
• Is my current income reliable?
• Do I have a good record of paying my bills?
• Do I have few outstanding long-term debts, like car payments?
• Do I have money saved for a down payment?
• Do I have the ability to pay a mortgage every month, plus additional costs?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you are probably ready to buy your own home.